Saturday, May 03, 2008

So #87 on my 101 list in not going well...

I haven't updated my blog in almost a year. That is a bit ridiculous. Obviously I'm busy in PGY-1 but I'm not sooooo busy as to not post anything. I'm going to try and do a bit better. Cause, really, that's pretty pathetic.
Life for me is pretty good. I'm almost done PGY-1. Close enough to being done that I've crossed it off my 101 list. I'm in my 2nd last rotation right now and I don't do call in my last rotation (ICU) so really it's pretty smooth sailing from here. Then I'm in my ... PGY-2 year :S. Where I do 9 months straight at the most difficult OB hospital in Winnipeg. I might die. I need to get a debilitating illness so I can go on stress leave just to survive. It's going to be crazy. But everyone tells me I'm going to get through it and that it's not really that bad so I'm going to believe them. PGY-1 was far better than my timid expectations would have had me believe so I'm going to have faith, it is my middle name after all.
Foreman and I are doing really well; loving spring in the Peg. I'm really looking forward to the summer here. Winnipeg has been a really easy transition for us and we love our friends and our life here which is super great. He's working 86% of the time which is awesome for him and teaching math and chemistry so life is pretty sweet. And he spends a lot of time in the Geek Room which he loves.
I just came back from vacation with my dad in China (that's info for another post) and it was INCREDIBLE. I loved it and it was really wonderful to be able to go on another adventure with my father. I'll definitely post pics.
Coming up for us: I'm going to Calgary at the end of June for a conference and then starting PGY-2 and the onslaught of weddings over the summer and Foreman will be a teacher-bum in the summer months. Should be good times.

I'm really going to try to work on posting more.

No comments: